In Vienna, and our hostel is great! Spacious, private toilet, kitchen, and dining table. It's part of a group called "Apartments in Vienna," and its only 18 Euros per person, per night.
- cool (both popular definitions) courtyard
- free wifi
- free laundry
- coffee and beer available
- located near all the fun bars as well as some historical landmarks
- super warm - no a/c or fan
- one double bed and two, single beds for the 4 of us
- light streams into the room at 6am, and there are no substantial curtains
- awkward toilet; I quote Jon Cater: "It's like getting into a tiny sports car, but worse."
- toilet (see above)
- elevated shower
- tiered flooring of 1-2" in between each room
- hot/cold H20 reversed
- 5 types of recycling, but no rubbish bin
We watched the final game of the world cup last night at Pickwick's English Pub. Spain vs. Netherlands. Both are very talented teams, and the bar was equally divided in fans. Here's a quick play-by-play of the game:
- Netherlands plays great defense (with the exception of 1 karate kick to the chest)
- Spain dives and fakes injury
- Netherlands receives a yellow card
- Repeat steps 1-3
After a full 90 minutes and 2 15-minute overtimes, Spain finally scores at minute 116. Holland can't score in the final 4 mintues, and Spain wins the 2010 World Cup. However, it was a dirty game, and I just don't feel satisfied at the end. Kristin said, "I don't like games where the cheater is rewarded."
Jon, Lily, Kristin, and I concluded ultimate is by far the superior sport, and refs should never be introduced to the game.